A Comprehensive Analysis of Kanye West’s New Song: “Lift Yourself”

Mr. West has caused a sea of turmoil among fans and foes alike. His support for the 45th President of the United States has outraged many and prompted others to question even his mental stability.

Back to Article
Back to Article

Jenah Ridgill, Song Lyric Analyst

Kanye West, through a series of tweets,  expressed that he likes the way Candace Owens thinks. Chaos ensued, fans burned Yeezy memorabilia, riots broke out, millions felt betrayed. But the ultimate shock? Kanye’s “bromance” with the 45th President, Donald Trump.

Sporting his Make America Great Again hat, Kanye publicly came out as a Trump supporter. Or did he?

“For people In my life the idea of Trump is pretty much a 50 50 split but I don’t tell a Hillary supporter not to support Hillary I love Hillary too,” he tweeted.

Mr. West seems to be more relaxed in his political views than some may assume. He’s not a “ride or die Trump for life” hardcore supporter, but he also doesn’t seem to wish for the “imminent and horrific death in flames” of Trump, either. Basically you could him a centra. He is sending mixed signals; his opinion is elusive, like a dragon bestowed in its reptilian cavern. “We are both dragon energy. He is my brother.”

Regardless of the drama Ye’s been causing in his fan base, he still remains a strong songwriter and lyrical genius. People have admired Kanye’s remarkable ability to form rhymes and rhythms that capture deep truths about life and his experiences, and how the world is. His renowned talent for piecing together words and phrases using double entendre and metaphors to convey a deeper meaning in all of his music is part of what gave rise to his fame in the first place. Now, we take the time to analyze the lyrics of Kanye’s newest release “Lift Yourself,” and uncover answers about his new view in politics:

“Poopy-di scoop

Scoop-diddy-whoop

Whoop-di-scoop-di-poop

Poop-di-scoopty

Scoopty-whoop

Whoopity-scoop, whoop-poop

Poop-diddy, whoop-scoop

Poop, poop

Scoop-diddy-whoop

Whoop-diddy-scoop

Whoop-diddy-scoop, poop”

Yes, Mr. President, very cool indeed! West perfectly captured the essence of what he’s going through right now in his new song, as one can see from the above excerpt. As Yeezy continues to pump out quality material such as this, his fans remain loyal to him despite any controversial opinions he might have.