Hit the Books, Legally Blonde: The Musical is Coming to La Serna

Back to Article
Back to Article

Savanna Piette, Editor-in-Chief

Get ready to “Bend and Snap” over this Broadway hit. La Serna High’s theater class presents “Legally Blonde: The Musical.” This musical will take place at the Whittier Community Theater in Uptown Whittier. Performers from the show have worked very hard to make this show perfect. Katie Wilson shared, “After long hours of commitments and hard work, we are ready to leave our blood, sweat, and, tears on the stage.”

In an interview with the lead lady, Julianna Guerrero, she revealed that this has been her favorite musical since the eighth grade. She said that ever since she saw it on YouTube she kept watching until she had every line of the musical memorized. She was ecstatic when she learned that this was going to be the school’s spring musical and said she believes being able to portray Elle Woods would be living out her childhood dream. “Everyone knows about the movie, though, in my opinion ,the musical is so much better and I can not wait to share the show with everyone,” said Guerrero.

Berkeley Trinh is also very excited to share the show. “I’m very excited to see how everyone responds to the jokes because I love seeing people laugh.” The Freelancer also received exclusive insight by Trinh, who revealed, “There will be dogs!”

To see prices, dates, and times see the featured photo. This is a show students should not miss.