Night Rally Brings Huge Crowd before Cal High Game

Ryan Anderson, Contributor

On Thursday, October 10th, La Serna student leaders hosted its annual Night Rally in preparation of the football game against Cal High.  There was an overwhelming amount of students that attended this event, estimated at about 750.  Many staff and students have stated that this night rally was the best yet.  Students who attended had an amazing amount of energy, especially from the Senior Class.  During the night rally, students participated in numerous games in activities while glowing in the dark.

La Serna Lancers in the crowd cheering for the rally.

The night started off with exciting chants lead by ASB Spirit Commissioner John Manalang.  Manalang put a twist on the infamous “Oh Lei Lei” chant, and instead called it “Glow Lei Lei” in accordance to the neon theme.

There were many performances during the Night Rally that highlighted the talents of student groups on campus.  Senior Daniel Donovan began the rally while playing the piano.  La Serna’s Cheer as well as Song both performed in front of the crowd. These multiple performances only added to the high energy of the crowd.

In the rally, students participated in the many games that ASB put together.  Some of these games included “The Human Tic Tac Toe” and “Twinkle Toes.”  The fan favorite of the night was the dance off.  Four students from every class participated in a competition of all dance genres.  Winners from each round then competed against each other, resulting in a Junior class victory.

During the second half of the rally, ASB introduced La Serna’s fall sports teams.  ASB highlighted the accomplishments of our sports teams, including Boys Water Polo cracking the Top 20 in Division 1/2, and Girls Volleyball who are undefeated in league (7-0).  Additionally, the Boys Football team gave an appreciation speech for all of La Serna’s support, and lead another chant in preparation for their game tomorrow.

At the end of the rally, ASB surprised the crowd with a dance party.  Many students commented that there was an incredible amount of energy and it was “a perfect way” to end the night.