La Serna Athletes: Take A Dive With Brielle Bullingor

Brandon Chamberland, Columnist

Brielle Bullingor (Junior)

I sat down with La Serna’s very own Brielle Bullingor. Brielle is a part of our school’s swim and band; however, this interview will go beyond her talent. Instead, we will take a little glimpse into her more personal side of life.

Who is your hero?

“My mom is my hero because she is a single mom of two, and she works very hard to make sure that my brother and I have everything we need.”

What is your favorite thing about La Serna?

“I love that La Serna is a place where you can express yourself through the different activities we have on campus.”

What is your favorite memory at La Serna?

“My favorite memory at La Serna was Homecoming because I enjoyed being with my friends and having the time of our lives.”

Who is your favorite music artist?

“My favorite music artist is Drake because a lot of his songs are very motivational, and listening to his music gets me through my days.” 

Who is your favorite athlete?

“My favorite athlete is Serena Williams because as a female athlete she has gone through a lot in her career, but she is considered to be among the all-time greatest women tennis players.”

Who inspires you?

“I think my mom inspires me the most because she works really hard, and she wants what is best for my brother and me. She inspires me to be my best in school and other activities because she did not have as many opportunities as I do now when she was growing up.”

What do you love most about your team?

“What I love about my team is that even though I barely joined the team last year, they welcomed me with open arms and they all motivate me to do my best.”

What is your favorite quote?

“One quote that my mom always tells me is, ‘Don’t EVER give up on your dreams, or your dreams will give up on you.’”

What is one thing you would like your fellow classmates to know about yourself?

“One thing I want my classmates to know about me is that I’m super outgoing (if they didn’t know that already, hahaha). Also, I am very welcoming of anyone who comes into my life, no matter where they come from or what their background is.”